GLOBAL VILLAGE ARTISTS NETWORK
Global Village Artists Network is established on 25 February 2009. And our aim is to promote contemporary art in the Netherlands and abroad.
We are best known for our biennial art-project Global Village. Global Village is organized every two years since 2010. ‘Meeting’ is the central theme: artists from all over the world meet each other and the public. Every 2 years a new selection of about 65 emerging artists are selected. Since 2010 we organized these Global Village exhibitions in the Netherlands, France, Germany, Denmark, Azerbaijan and Macedonia.
Next to this project we organize also other exhibitions and projects mostly within the EU. Stimulating cultural exchange between artists and public is always a key factor in our productions. In this way we contribute in a better understanding between people and cultures.
With our projects we stimulate the international careers of our emerging artists. Not only bringing them in contact with a global network of artists, but also with other curators and organisors. So that artists who join our projects get involved in other projects and thus gain more visability. And that will lead to being spotted by official galleries and/or even museums.
Since our first exhibition in 2010 we have been able to reach people from all over the globe via our exhibitions, social networks and publications.
OUR NETWORK IN NUMBERS
- 25.000 people reached on average with our publications
- 500 copies of every catalogue-edition
- 2.500 brochures/flyers of every project
- 125 visitors on average a day at our exhibitions
- 450 artists participated in total in our various projects
- 8 out of 10 artists join other exhibitions via our organisation
- 4 out of 10 artists had museum-exhibitions after joining one of our projects
- 25 curators had asked us directly to recommend some of our artists to them for their projects
- 2 artists send to 3 months artist-in-residence in Shenzhen, China